Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Besan Ladoo
















I tried to make these ladoos so many times but just could not get them right. I tried many recipes from magazines and cookery show and would end up with lot of mess in my kitchen. Then I called my mother for the recipe (which i should have done little earlier) I tried it and they turned perfect and so once again here is one of my mother’s recipes which are easy and delicious.
Ingredients:
2 cups chickpea flour/ besan  
¾ cup ghee / butter
1 cup fine sugar or powder sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
Cashew nuts for garnishing

Method:
Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add chickpea flour/besan and cook on a very low flame till it turns golden brown ( Which will take about 20  to 22 min.) continuously keep stirring  as it burns quickly.

Now let it cool completely. Then add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Divide this mixture in small equal parts (make around 15 to 18 parts) and roll them in rounds with your palms to make ladoos.

Garnish with cashew nuts and you can store them for 15 to 20 days in a container.

The secret to make these ladoos perfect is Patients. So try the recipe and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment