Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shahi gulkand roll

















My husband has a sweet tooth, every day after lunch or dinner he wants something sweet. Sometimes it’s a big challenge for me, so I am always looking for good and simple dessert recipes.
Few days back my mom gave me this recipe. I tried it and trust me it’s simple, easy but delicious and was ready in less than a hour.


Ingredients: 
roasted gram dal
For outer layer
1 cup roasted gram dal (Phutana dal in marathi)
½ cup powder sugar
½ cup milk powder
½ cup Melted butter/ghee
Desiccated coconut
Pink/red color

For filling
½ cup dry fruits
½ cup gulkand
Method:
Grind roasted gram dal to a fine powder. Mix powder sugar, milk powder, butter/ghee and knead the dough. Divide the dough in 16 equal parts.
Now mix together dry fruits and gulkand. Divide this mixture also in 16 equal parts.
To make rolls take one part of dough and spread it little on your palm, now add the dryfruit and gulkand mixture and roll it in cylindrical shape. Repeat the same process with remaining dough and filling mixture.
Color the desiccated coconut in pink/red.
Cover the rolls with colored coconut and cut each roll in 3 pieces.
Enjoy!


Recipe Source: Mejwani Etv marathi

No comments:

Post a Comment